Monday, December 31, 2012

366/366


Project 366 is through. I have not only taken a photo everyday, but have become quite a shutterbug in the process. Aside from the 366 official "photos of the day", there were an additional 5,808 photos taken this year (yes, I actually did the math)! It has been quite an experience that tested my patience, consistency, and battery life, but it is now done, and I feel better off having fully completed it.

It was a really busy year and I am so glad that I was able to capture some major experiences (good, sad, and life-changing) and being able to incorporate and share them through this project.

 Day 1: Start Project 366
 Day 17: Begin last year of Undergraduate education
Day 18: First Day of Work
Day 41: Say goodbye to Melissa
Day 42: My 21st Birthday

Day 63: Go to Ireland with some spectacular people

Day 91: Go to Savannah and Tybee for the first time
Day 111: Finish 9 miles for Relay for Life in honor of my family and friends
Day 154: Help Mom recover from surgery in the Outer Banks (what better place is there?)
Day 205: Say goodbye to Boni. Such a beautiful place for her to spend eternity.
Day 209: Take my GRE (and do better than expected!)
Day 240: My last Undergraduate semester at VT

Day 286: Visit our new home for the first time.
Day 311: Vote for the first time.
Day 355/56: Get into Graduate School, Graduate, and Celebrate!
Day 359: Celebrate Christmas (Eve) in our new home.
It has been quite a year, with its fair share of highs and lows. It has helped me grow and define who I am. I have met so many people this year, all of whom have affected me in major and minor ways. It will be weird to start a new year with its new challenges and surprises, but I feel so ready to take on whatever is put on my plate. I am looking forward to Graduate School, my brother starting college, and, hopefully, a bit more travel. So I say "Goodbye 2012. You were a fine year to live in." and welcome 2013 wide, open arms. Here's to a new year and, camera willing, plenty more photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment