Thursday, August 29, 2013

Coconut Macaroons



I seem to be in a cooking sort of mood lately! Today I made my favorite coconut macaroons and will be giving them as parting gifts before I leave for Florida to start my new job. I really love this recipe because it is easy, delicious, and pretty darn foolproof. Plus, it makes the kitchen smell amazing for days! With short prep and cook time, you're just 30 minutes and 6 steps away from delciousness :)

Coconut Macaroons

Prep: 10 min.
Cook: 16 min.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup Sweetened, Flake Coconut
1/3 cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Flour
Pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Egg Whites

1) Preheat oven to 325° F

2) Mix coconut, flour, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.

3) Mix in egg whites and vanilla until blended (should form a pretty solid batter)

4) Place rounded teaspoons of batter onto a greased cookie sheet 1" apart (standard cookie sheet should fit 16)

5) Bake for 16 minutes or until golden

6) Let cool and enjoy!

Yield: At least 2 dozen. 100 calories per macaroon ( don't be surprised, they're almost entirely sugar :P )


No comments:

Post a Comment