Monday, February 10, 2014

Birthday Weekend Bonanza!


Even though my birthday is tomorrow, we have the habit in our family of having a birthday week, generally starting with the birthday weekend. This tradition had been sort of lost when I went to college, due to distance and busy-ness. However, this year I am living with my family on my birthday so, of course and without question, the birthday week has begun.

My mom, my aunt, and I went to the tea room (mentioned several blogs ago) and had a wonderful tea lunch, complete with birthday cupcake in a tea cup (can you think of anything more adorable?). I received some very nice gifts from my aunt, including a "something old" for my wedding ensemble.

We went and saw Monuments Men, which we all agreed was long, but interesting. In a sort of back-to back movie viewing, my brother and I saw the Lego Movie the next morning (for a complete change of pace). And then, the traditional birthday shopping. Down here in Florida, we have a huge mall with lots and lots and lots of my favorite stores. I didn't go overboard (at least not by my standards) and had such a fun time with my mom.

I cannot wait for my birthday tomorrow. This next year of my life is going to be amazing and I cannot wait to see how it unfolds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment