Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year, New Place!



Well, I have to say that this year has started off pretty spectacularly. We spent New Year’s Eve in our new apartment in Alexandria, standing on the rooftop with a panoramic fireworks display (photos don’t do it justice). I feel so fortunate to be able to live in a town I’ve loved since the first time I visited, surrounded by endless arrays of travel, culture, art, and entertainment. I am also so happy that Matt loves it too, as it is so different from anywhere he has lived before. Our apartment is beautiful, our town is beautiful, and life is beautiful right now.
Being that it is the beginning of the year, I feel obligated to put my resolutions out there. So, without further ado, my resolutions are:
-No fried food
-Exercise at least 3 times per week (no excuses)
-Not be too self-absorbed, as many good things are happening this year
-Drink more tea and know that everything will be fine
-(Try to) Blog once per week (on Mondays)
-Pursue more creative outlets
That last one is a bit ambiguous, but I feel that I should learn how to make more things, as it is always very fun for me and I enjoy learning new skills. The top two are just because I really need to get to a healthier weight (though I seem to make similar resolutions every year).
For now, I am still in Florida, daydreaming of days in D.C. I will “officially” move back up just as the cold weather subsides and the cherry blossoms bloom. All that remains is to find job, and that can’t be too hard… right?
What are your New Year’s Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment