Monday, December 28, 2009

Hello There!

Hello there! I'm Jessie. Tonight I am home on break from college as a freshman and, under the suggestion of my parents and my own inclinations, I have decided to start a blog.

I find that sometimes I feel I am the only college student in the world that loves to knit and bake every gift she gives and overall just acts very much like a grandma. However, I can also program in Java, figure out most gadgets in a matter of minutes, and am very tech-savvy. These two very opposing sides of me tend to clash and often make me wonder if I was, in fact, born in the right century!

I plan on this blog being a place to express how topsey-turvey this world can sometimes seem to an "old soul" and also as a place to share the everday events of a college student adjusting to a very fast-paced and modern world.

Well, here goes something! Happy reading ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I "attempted" to start a blog once as well, and although I don't try to update it on a regular basis, I've discovered that it's a great way to say something at those times that there might not be someone in the room to listen. For example, I wanted to explain a robot to someone just to get the ideas out of my head. There wasn't anyone around who would know what I was talking about, so I blogged it instead. I'm not sure if anyone even read what I wrote, but at least I wrote it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessie, you are not alone and come by it genetically perhaps? When I was in Seton Hall University in the early permissive 70s, I was hosting tea and (home-made) scone parties in my dorm room while everyone else in the hall was having pot parties. (During that period of the 60s and 70s the profs and RA's turned a blind eye to a lot of things they shouldn't have -- even at a Catholic University!) Anyway, word got around that I could cook but there wouldn't be alcohol (or drugs) served -- but still I started getting requests to cook "dorm dinners" for 20 or more that quickly became 40 with all the best looking guys in school coming. I also wouldn't wear jeans to school even one day and dressed neatly and fashionably for classes. Fortunately, I found a guy just like me for 3 years and they used to call us "The country club couple" because we were so "out of step" with everyone else. Stay true to your own values...it builds character! :-)
    Love,
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete