Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Knitters Anonymous

"Hi, I'm Jessie, and I buy far too much yarn..."

If only there were such a place where knitters and crocheters could admit that they do have more yarn than is nescesary. I simply can't help it! I love trying out new types of yarn; new colors new textures, new brands, new needles! I am completely obsessed (admitting is the first step to getting it under control, so I've been told).

I bring this topic up today because today is when I realised I have a problem. I went in to buy one skein of a specific brand of yarn and came out with three knowing full well I have over 30 perfectly good, if a bit used, skeins at home and more in my dorm. I have a problem and need to fix it promptly. To my friends, if I ever ask you for a lift to Michaels or A.C. Moore, say no, bind me to a chair, hide your keys, and don't let me go until I get over my yarn-craving (which could be a matter of minutes to a matter of days).

I will let you know that I did buy maroon and orange yarn, so hopefully I can be forgiven on that part. How could I resist those gorgeous colors? (Go Hokies!)

In other news today, I did get my hair colored. This is the best my hair has looked and felt in a long while and I am very happy with the job they did (not to mention that they used coconut-scented products, which I love). My hair is now a lovely shade of blonde (rather than the unusual creamsicle orange color it was a few weeks back due to a home-done highlighting) and I am very pleased with it.

Well, I must be off now. Going to give out a few late Christmas presents (a scarf and some cookies, of course)

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment