Tuesday, June 29, 2010

From One Side of the Family to Another

One weekend I get to spend with my dad’s family in Connecticut, the next I get to spend with my mom’s family in Florida!

This trip was very impromptu but was extremely fun. I spent the weekend with my mom, my aunts, and my grandmother, a “Girls’ Weekend”. While I generally dread so much femininity at once, it was a very enjoyable visit filled with shopping and… well, shopping. It was a very relaxing weekend, just talking and shopping and enjoying the wonderful weather.

For me, it was very nice to be able to, essentially, see my entire family (both my mom’s side and my dad’s side) within a week. I love being able to see my relatives in person and just feel the close connections and love with a close family. And while I admit the my family, myself included, can be a bit bizarre, I really wouldn’t have it any other way.

Until whenever!

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW you are NOT talking about ME being bizarre! Love you and loved getting to see you!

    ReplyDelete