Monday, January 16, 2012

Senior Citizen


Twas the night before classes
And at her workspace
Every notebook was labeled
And put in its place

The pencils were stacked
The binders were full
Sitting next to her tower
Of yarn made of wool

Everything was in order
The was nothing to fear
With the anticipation
Of her last school year

Just a few more classes
and a study overseas
Was all that stood between
Her and her degrees

"But what then?" she wondered
With concern and some doubt
"I only have a year
To figure it out?!"

"It's always been
So clear-cut before
What will I do
Without school anymore?"

She reassured herself
That all would be fine
People graduate from college
All of the time!



It is official, I am a Senior at Virginia Tech. This is going to be a huge year for me and I am extremely excited, but also very nervous. I'm kind of ignoring that fact that this time next year I will have graduated from college and will be either in Grad School or working. It really is very intimidating, put I am looking forward to what will come next.

Other big things that will happen this year:
-I will vote in my first election (I was too young by 3 months for the last one)
-I will turn 21
-I will go to Ireland
-I will begin my on-campus job as a GIS analyst... for Parking Services
-I am determined to get my license (it's getting a little ridiculous)

This semester in and of itself contains most of these things, so it will be very exciting. I am taking a good round of classes, which are as follows:

French Literature
The World of Alexander (The Great)
Geography of Wine
The U.S. City
Algorithms in GIS

With a newly reimaged computer and a fresh stock of school supplies, I am ready to take on anything! Here goes a new semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment