Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Christmas Spirit

There are times when I am certain that my mind reverts to its childlike state. This can be fun and adorable and I like knowing that I haven't matured so much as to completely shut down my inner child. There should be limits, though, to how childish I can be :P

The other day, my boyfriend and I went to Walmart simply for the sake of an adventure and after travelling over a rather foggy and spooky mountain road, we arrived at a Walmart in a tiny town out in the middle of nowhere. Upon entering, we were bombarded with red, green, and gold as the whole front display was completely dominated by Christmas merchandise. My inner child instantly made itself known and I proceeded to skip happily down rows of ornaments, tinsel, and stockings.

Reaching the end of a row, I stopped dead in my tracks. At the very end of the aisle, on a giant flat screen television, my favorite Christmas movie was playing: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. And, yes, I am referring to the 1964 stop motion version. I sat down right in the middle of the aisle and watched, completely enthralled. My boyfriend, not knowing how much I love this movie, laughed and tried to drag me away. I craned my neck to continue to watch as we walked away. Little did I know we were heading to the movies section and from there to the Christmas movie section. My boyfriend went and found the DVD for Rudolph and bought it for me so we could watch it at home!

I could not stop smiling on the way home, eagerly waiting to watch the beloved movie. I grabbed a snack, made myself comfortable on the couch, and we proceeded to watch the movie, myself smiling the entire time.

It's nice to know that my 5-year-old self is doing well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment