Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks

After a 5 hour drive home, a day of shopping, a day of visiting friends, and 2 days of work, it is Thanksgiving! (or, rather, the day after). We drove up through sleet and snow and the Jersey Turnpike to visit my family in Connecticut. I spent time talking with relatives I have known for my whole life and relatives I’ve only met once before and relatives whom I’ve never met! It was a lot of fun, especially seeing my grandpa, who was sick last week.

I have to say that is what I was thankful for this year. It was good to see all of my family together for my grandpa, if for nothing else than for him to see all of his children and grandchildren (and great-grand child!). He was in good enough health to laugh and talk with everyone and be the general center of attention, which in and of itself was something to be truly thankful for.

Other things I am thankful for this year are: My awesome family, my fantastic friends, the great school I go to, my good academic standing, my brother’s good academic standing, the amazing luck and opportunities I have had, the love I have received from so many people, and, of course, for my boyfriend. I am so thankful to have all of these things and people in my life and I really do feel very fortunate and blessed.

I am writing this while on my way home from Connecticut. I have been up since 3:40 a.m., it is currently 8:31 p.m., and I plan on shopping at Khols at 3:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. This is going to be a busy 24 hours! I believe we are somewhere in New Jersey, but I am not entirely sure. I just know that there is still a while to go!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and took time to reflect on the things that you are thankful for :)

Until Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment