Friday, December 10, 2010

Cupcakes and Critters

This is blog number one for today. The Numbers Game blog will go up later today once all numbers are in. I look forward to seeing who participates and why they chose the numbers they did.

This blog is simply a blog about some of the fun things I've gotten to do this week!

First off, Wednesday was officially the last day of the semester! I can't believe that it's already over, it feels like it went by extremely fast. I still have a few exams to take, but I'm essentially done and this time next week I will be home!

Wednesday was really a lot of fun. I was able to do some baking and go to a very nice Christmas party with my bible study. I baked Devil's Food cupcakes and put nonpareils (Snocaps) and edible pearls on them to make them a little fancier. I think they came out quite well and people seemed to enjoy them at the party.


The party was a lot of fun. I got to talk with people I haven't heard from in a while and meet new people. Towards the end of the party, there was a While Elephant gift exchange. I realised in horror that I had left my gift at home. I quickly found some paper and made a 12 point star origami and made it an ornament. I felt terrible because everyone else had brought really nice gifts. I've told the person that ended up with the star that I'd be more than happy to give them the original gift, but I haven't heard back from her yet.

During the exchange, I ended up with quite a hilarious gift. I haven't had a chance to program it yet, but it should fix the issue of constantly losing the remote.


Again, it was just really great being able to celebrate with friends that I haven't been able to talk with in a while and to make new friends. There is another celebration that I am going to on Saturday. It is a Christmas banquet and the theme in the Roaring 20's. I haven't yet decided what to wear, but it should be a lot of fun.

Thursday was cleaning day, but that only lasted until about 1 pm and then I became terribly bored. One day in and I already am missing school! To relieve the boredom, I decided to break out my polymer clay and create. What I created, I'm not exactly sure, but her name is Fanny and she likes to protect my Christmas cookies from other wandering creatures.


Thursday night, my boyfriend and I went and saw Tangled, which had a lot of very funny parts to it, but as a whole felt very "fluffy" as a movie; there was a lot of filler material (there was far too much singing, which I suppose is characteristic of Disney movies) and about 30 minutes of actual, substantial plot material. I would watch it again, but only for the humorous parts.

It is now Friday and, after having cleaned some more, it is only noon! I'm sure I will find something to do...

I will be posting the special Numbers Game blog later today, so keep an eye out for it :)

Until This Afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment