Friday, December 10, 2010

The Numbers Game

After semi-persistent badgering of my friends and family, I finally was able to have 11 people participate in the numbers game! I will put them in the order that I received them. Thanks so much to everyone who participated!

64: I can't believe its been eight years! Eight wonderful years of goofiness, awesomeness, and great friendship. Even though we've lived hundreds of miles away from each other for 5 years, you are still my very best friend and I cannot wait until the next time I get to see you. No matter how much distance there is between us, I am convinced that we will always be friends, even when we are those crazy old ladies in the nursing home, and we will always love Cheese, no matter how old it gets. Thank you for being such a good friend through all of the years :) (Flying purple moose, over and out)

2: You helped me through my first semester of college, when I was scared of a lot of things, emotionally, spiritually, and academically. You have always been there for me and, while you can be a little nuts sometimes, you are still a wonderful friend and an awesome ninja turtle :)

42: Where do I even begin?! You are like the older brother I never had. You are always the first to ask me if something is wrong and are always there with a hug if I need one. I really do appreciate your friendship and I hope that we will always be close, no matter how many miles separate us.

74: It has been so long since we talked! You were such a good friend to me in high school and I really did miss you when you moved. You were always so kind and funny and, while I would never dissect a frog with you (or any one) ever again, I really did like having you as my lab partner ("The Dynamic Duo" as Ms. Grimes put it). I hope to see again someday and I hope that you are doing well

7: I love the way you keep up with me on Facebook and on my blog. It makes me feel so good that you read it. I really wish we lived closer to each other and I wish I could see you more often. You are sincerely one of my favorite relatives and, even though there are eight states, an international border, and a province separating us, I love the close bond we have created. I love you and cannot wait until the next time I get to see you :)

f513698e64169103f7b9Ze9ccf4adebc: Firstly, I did type out that whole "number" instead of just copying and pasting it. Secondly, it has been way too long since we talked! I never see you anymore and that just won't do! You have been a good friend throughout my college career and it was always fun to hear about your new engineering endeavors or to see new photos you had taken (my favorite is the one of the moon with the rainbow halo). I miss you and think you should definitely show up around Blacksburg sometime soon :P

8: Of course you would pick 8 :) You know me so well, better than anyone in the world will ever know me. You have been there for me through everything and have helped me learn so much. I don't say it enough, but I appreciate everything you do for me and I love you with all of my heart. I love it when we have days for just us and I love the way you have always kept me safe but given me the freedom to explore on my own. I love the relationship we have and I am certain it will never fade or go away; we love each other just that much! I love that we have been able to keep such a strong bond throughout my whole life, something many people take for granted, and I will always always always love you.

110: Haha! I love the way you picked your number! It is a shame that we don't get to see each other much this year; it was always so much fun to have you pop by the room last year. I hope you are doing well with my old roommate. I always look for you two during the halftime show! I apologize for the caroling texts, a mere confusion of names :P

101010: System.out.println("Ah, FacePamphlet. Good times :P. Class was always so much fun with you, as were the hours of study sessions wracking our brains as to how to recreate FaceBook. I'm sad that we don't see each other so much, but am glad that we have remained friends. And while I have given up programming, I can always appreciate a humorous bit of binary :)");

123456789: Why haven't I seen you all semester? You love right next door!! Ever since my first semester here, you have been a great friend to me, especially when it came to bible study and church. I'm sad that you're never at the lunch table (and that I'm never at the lunch table) and I really miss you!

X: Way to be awesome with the roman numeral. Even though we hardly see each other any more, its always good to know that you'll be there for me if I need you. You helped me through a lot during high school and I will always remember you as the friend who hijacked my wheelchair. I was devastated when you shaved your head because then I had nothing to braid when band got boring :P. I miss you and hopefully we can see each other soon :)

Thanks again to everyone who participated :)

2 comments:

  1. First off, this is awesome. Secondly, I only need 1 guess who "8" is. You two are awesome together. And lastly, you and I need to talk. I have news to tell you. :)

    P.s.- every relationship we have with others, whether it is an classmate, co-worker, family, friend, or something else... it takes '2' to make it work. :)

    ReplyDelete