Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday Cheer

First off, this blog is blog #50!! Woohoo! I made a mistake and thought that the numbers blog was #50, but simply miscounted.

It has been a great weekend thus far. With today being my "study day", I feel that I have been able to relax, de-stress, and have a lot of fun. I went to my second Christmas party last night (it was actually a banquet) and I was able to talk with a lot of my friends whom I haven't seen all semester.

The theme for the party was the Roaring 20's and so the room was filled with feathers and very sharp and snazzy outfits. I personally went with a feather in my hair, a white blouse, and a pinstriped vest and pair of pants. All-in-all, I feel I had the appearance of a poker dealer, but the outfit seemed to fit in well.

The main event of the banquet was another White Elephant gift exchange. This was infinitely more hilarious than the exchange on Wednesday night as it involved over 50 participants and many "stolen" gifts. I did opt to steal a gift and my reason was quite silly: I only wanted the basket it came in. The basket now sits proudly in my room, its contents re-gifted or traded. I ended up with 2 bracelets, a horse-giraffe-goat stuffed animal, some candies, and a set of jacks.

It was nice to be with all of my bible study friends in such a happy and lively atmosphere. There was so much celebration and laughter and simple good cheer. It makes me feel so good to have a surrounding of good-natured friends that I can feel completely safe and happy with and it makes me sad that I don't spend nearly as much time with them all as I should. I will make a much better effort next semester, as I shouldn't be as busy, and I feel that this holiday season is really going to invoke a lot of positive change.

With exams fast approaching, I feel that this weekend (aside from today) was meant for relaxing and being with friends. I am in a great state of mind, I am happy, and I am ready to take my exams head on!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment