Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good Friends and Puppy Problems

Today started off as another slow, relaxing day. I woke up at around 10 and called the vet to make an appointment for our Bichon Frise, Roxxie. The past few days, she just hasn't been herself and she had tiny bugs crawling around on her (I know this is a lovely mental picture). I don't have my license yet, so I asked one of my really good friends if he could please take Roxxie and I to the vet. He agreed (and I am very appreciative of this) and we all went to the vet to get her checked out.

After the initial probing and testing, they concluded that she has fleas. They are species specific, so they won't bite me or my family. Roxxie is going to be ok, we just have to give her a stronger flea medication and clean all of the places she sleeps (including my bed). My friend stayed with me the entire time and then drove me home to drop of my puppy and took me to dinner/lunch at Tijuana Flats (which was really good).

It was really nice seeing this friend (whom I hadn't seen in 6 months) and having him go out of his way to help me. I really have missed him and it was nice to just spend time with him. I also got to talk with a lot of good friends today and reconnect with a few (thanks to Facebook). I love being able to just start talking with someone who I haven't seen in a long time and pick up like its only been a few days. Knowing that friendships I've made are strong enough to overcome distance and time is so comforting. I love all of my friends and I really don't want to lose any of them, so its nice to know that I've at least made a few really lasting friendships.

Nothing much else happened today. No baking, no knitting.

Until tomorrow!

Oh! I found another loveley piano song!

To play it, click the link below and click play on the black box in the top-right of the webpage that comes up. Its called "Lady So Fair" by Thomas Cunningham.

http://www.last.fm/music/Thomas+Cunningham/_/Lady+So+Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment