Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hope for Haiti

Today was another work day. Everyone seemed to be in a very good mood due to the recent warmer weather. A lot of Virginia Tech fans / alumni came in today, which made for some excellent conversation. Also, a woman with the last name Van Pelt came in which immediately made me think of The Mentalist (and I asked her if she watches that show and we laughed about the connection).

One customer that came in today was this wonderfully sweet older woman. She could not have been a kinder customer and she was extraordinarily pleasant. During a convrsation wih my dad, we came to find out that she co-runs a missionary in Haiti where 90 babies and their care-givers are/were resident. She has not heard from them since the devestating earthquake a few days ago. I ask that you would pray for them (if it is in your faith) and just think about them until this crisis is over.

The older wman was extrememly positive throughout the entire conversation and transaction and I admire people so much who have that sort of strength and faith. I admire her and the thousands affected my this tragedy who are pulling through and looking on to a brihter day, which is sure to come.

As far as what I've done in the past two days:

-Knitted (a lot)
-Watched all 16 episodes of Baccano (my eyes are still sore from having to read so many subtitles over the course of 7 1/2 hours; completely worth it though)
-Went to work
-Had a few very nice conversations with a few very nice people
-Blogged

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment