Sunday, January 10, 2010

When Worlds Collide

So today was a rather relaxing and fun day. I got up and ready and my family went to Denny's, where I ordered my favorite club sandwich with seasoned fries. Afterwards, we went shopping at Hilltop (one of Virginia Beach's nicer shopping centers) and we split up. I went to Fresh Market to see if I could find same nice snacks and foods to bring back to Virginia Tech. Everything there was so pricey though! I ended up just getting a few fruit-and-nut bars, Bagel Chips, apple cookies, and hot cocoa (which came to about $15). Sadly, I came out with no granola, which is what I really wanted to buy, but the cheapest bag they had there was $6!

We headed home and dropped my dad off so he could watch football. We then went back out (my mom, my brother, and I) and I went to Trader Joe's, where I found my favorite brand of granola for only $2.39 a bag! I picked up three and proceeded to the checkout line. While waiting, I saw someone in line a few rows down that looked like my ex-boyfriend. I shot him a text asking if he was in Trader Joe's and couldn't help but laugh as I watched him try to find me in the store. We eventually made eye contact and, after making our purchases, proceeded to talk a bit about college and other such things and then went our separate ways. I am very glad that there really aren't any bad feelings between the two of us, but he just wasn't my Mr. Bingley.

Upon arriving home, I set aside my groceries and went directly to my computer to start a few conversations, glancing so often at the TV to watch as my football team was crushed (New England Patriots). While holding my conversations, I also began to knit, as this birthday scarf will have to be done by the end of the week. Somewhere between typing a message and stitching a row I laughed at myself. Here I was holding 4 simultaneous conversations via the Internet while knitting a scarf. What an odd combination! I thought "Here I am! The two things that define my hobbies; my computer and my yarn".

It does make me laugh every once in a wile about how I love both old-fashioned things and modern things. I love knitting and baking and I love using the Internet and photo-shopping my drawings to finish them. I have found the connection: as long as I am creating something, I am happy. I love to create things, especially those that are uniquely mine, like a new recipe or a drawing or a scarf. I love using my hands and my mind to make whatever my imagination wills me to. I believe this to be the connection between my old-soul and my new-soul (although the two are still very separate sides of me).

Well that's all for today!

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment